With its approximately 240,000 employees, the State of Lower Saxony is the largest employer of the whole region. Far more than 2,000 offices are combined here, among others Ministries, the police, and schools. But they are only part of it all.
How is the State organized and structured? A short explanation:
The highest State authorities are the Ministries. These are
- the State Chancellery
- the “Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Arbeit, Verkehr und Digitalisierung“ [Ministry of Economy, Labor, Transport, and Digitalization]
- the “Ministerium für Inneres und Sport” [Ministry of Internal Affairs and Sports]
- the “Finanzministerium” [Ministry of Finance]
- the “Ministerium für Soziales, Gesundheit und Gleichstellung” [Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, and Equality]
- the “Ministerium für Wissenschaft und Kultur” [Ministry of Science and Culture]
- the “Kultusministerium” [Ministry of Education]
- the “Ministerium für Ernährung, Landwirtschaft und Verbraucherschutz“ [Ministry of Food, Agriculture, and Consumer Protection]
- the “Justizministerium” [Ministry of Justice]
- the “Ministerium für Umwelt, Energie, Bauen und Klimaschutz” [Ministry of Environmental Affairs, Engery, Construction, and Climate Protection]
- the „Ministerium für Bundes- und Europaangelegenheiten und Regionale Entwicklung“ [Ministry of Federal and European Affairs and Regional Development]
One department respectively comprises one Ministry and its subordinate authorities. Of course you know the tax offices, the correctional facilities, the courts, and the trade supervisory boards. But did you also know that the State museums, the Oldenburger Staatstheater [State Theater], the Landgestüt [rural stud], and the Nationalverwaltung [National Administration] Harz do also belong to the State Administration?
As you can see: There is much to discover. The State Administration is large and colorful!
List of departments
Shape your career.
In the largest team in Lower Saxony.y
Meaningful and varied tasks are waiting for you.
You are interested in the State of Lower Saxony as employer? Why specifically in this State? Because the civil service offers safe working conditions? Or because we are the largest employer of the region? Convincing arguments!
But that’s by far not all. There are a lot of good reasons why you should apply with us.